Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Confession

Forgive me Father, for apparently I have sinned. It has been 3 weeks since my last post and the blog nazis are in force. I have been admonished twice now for not updating. In my defense, I have a CAST on my right arm and up until last week it HURT to move my fingers. Of the two people who have complained about my slothfulness one doesn't even own a blog and the other updates about as often I do, so pipe down both of you.

So, in an attempt to give readers something t cling to, I'll tell a funny story. (sorry Kel, No pictures)

Kiki and Alec have a bit of a habit o playing catch in the house. It doesn't have to be a ball, just something they can throw or bounce to each other in the kitchen/family room area. A couple of Sunday's ago they were doing just that. Church gets out at noon and Pat always has a food waiting at the ready for us (gotta love the guy) On this particular Sunday it was pancakes with bacon and sausage.

Everyone was done eating and the two children were throwing something, I don't even remember what it was. Kiki was in the kitchen next to the island and alec somewhere in the family room. Alec tossed the ball (I'll call it a ball for the sake of the story) it hit a measuring cup on the island that was full of syrup. The cup slid to the edge of the counter (now picture this in slomo) Kiki valiantly tried to stop it from falling over the edge but alas, she was not quick enough. The cup fell to the floor, Kiki trying to catch it throughout its decent, and as luck would have it it landed upright. However this created a bit of a volcanic reaction and the syrup exploded out of the cup as if it were Mount St Helens! Because Kiki was trying to catch it she was bent over and in the direct path of the explosion.

We were all frozen for a minute and then she stood up to reveal the damage. A cups worth of liquid sugary highlights dripping from her face and hair. It was such a pretty golden color dripping from her locks, and the light in the kitchen made each drop sparkle. Nothing within 3 feet of the cup was spared, the oven, the cupboard doors and even my own hair.

I could have gone off on them for throwing things in the house, but it was too funny and we had a good laugh over it. Alec helped me clean up the mess while Kiki went to wash her hair because she was due at BYC in 15 minutes.


4 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

A fabulous reason to clean the kitchen! I tell ya, I only clean my house when I'm having a party! I played it all out in my head slomo and it made for a very good show!

Shabwan said...

Whelllllll! I almost quit checking in on this blog. Seems it was suspended in time! I don't buy the sore fingers bit...You didn't type much when your arm was well! Oh hehheheee! I did like envisioning the whole STICKY mess though. I was waiting for the story to continue with...the ball bounced here and here and here and here...covered in syrup! Poor little Nicole. Syrup ONLY belongs on pancakes or waffles. Not donuts! Not Cinnamon rolls! Not Nicole! Not sausage!

Bren's Life said...

For one thing, it's about freakin time! And for another, you deserve a award for not yelling & getting upset.. Wow that's a funny story & your good, I bet that was one sticky mess...

The Allen's said...

Thank you for the post. I liked your story but think of the pictures that could have been taken with that sticky goo everywhere... Maybe one of us would have yelled for you. I wonder if those sorts of things are funnier when they are older cause you can laugh together and they actually help you clean it up. just thinking.