Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Valentine

For Valentines Day I wanted to list a few of the things I love about my sweetie...

-I love that he lets me warm my cold hands and feet on him when we go to bed.
-He never comes home from any store without something just for me.
-He does most (ok, all) of the grocery shopping.
-He loves me better than I love him.
-If he knows I am going to take a shower he will turn the heat on so the bathroom is toasty.
-He can fix anything.
-If I ask him to stop and get me some hot chocolate at work he will, and bring extra for the other girls up front.
-Last year for when I got to work on Valentines Day at 7:00am there was a dozen red roses at my desk with petals all around.
-He is always surprising me with things like the above.
-I love how much he loves our kids.
-He remembers things I say I want and then buys them for me for my birthday or Christmas or just because.
-I love his courage in the face of adversity.
-I love that people in our ward will call him if they need help. This past Thanksgiving he rescued a family whose sink had clogged with 20 lbs of potato peels, it was backed up clear to the laundry room and was flooding it.
-one year we had new neighbors moving in that didn't have any hlp unloading the moving van. He called the EQ pres and our neighbors had help in no time.
-He is thoughtful that way
-I love that when I go away without him I always find notes from him hiding in my stuf in weird places so I don't find them all at once.
-He alwasy tells me he loves me when our phone conversations are over.
-He's not afraid to cry.
-I love his eyes when he laughs.
-None of us ever leave this house to go somewhere that he doesn't ask if we need money.....sometimes I say yes even if I don't need any.
-he doesnn't mind doing laundry or dishes.
-He is a huge teaser and can make to most unreal story sound believable. He once had Alec believing I wasn't his real mom.
-He won't ride on a ferris wheel.
-He calls my mom and dad, mom and dad.
-He's a great cook!
-He supports me in my church callings.
-He calls tithing fire insurance.
There are a hundred more things I love about him, but I don't want ot make the rest of you jealous.

Honey, thanks for taking such good care of me and our kids and loving us no matter what. I love you.

5 comments:

natalie said...

I loved this post. It covers so many of the small moments that are quietly noticed. And it makes me love Uncle Pat all the more. Have a Happy Valentines day tomorrow!

Bren's Life said...

That is so sweet. Made me feel like my short little list I just did is nothing! I better try harder... And you do have a great husband. I just adore you guys & have always thought so much of Pat. He was always there to help with the ward parties when I was in charge & I loved that.

Heidi Ann said...

What a great post! It's always so easy to focus on the ugly things and that sometimes when we do try and focus on the great things we realize there ARE so many wonderful things. I think I'm rambling.

Shabwan said...

Your post is lovely and so is your man! To those of you out there reading my comment...Kim ALWAYS makes a point to mention my typo's...so if Pat "alwasy" tells you he loves you...does that mean...I love you always and it gives me warm fuzzies???? And will he give me money..even if I don't need it? Alright...I'll over look ALL the typo's because this time the content was so worthy! Kudo's to YOU Pat-You're the man!!!!

Heidi Ann said...

It's so great that you have a blog but seriously, would you update it MORE OFTEN!!!