Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mama Mia!

So! Friday I get a text from my sister......a few of us are getting together to see Mama Mia for Tessa's birthday (my niece). Now Mama Mia is not a movie I would pick nor did I care to see....but this wasn't about me (dang!) or what I wanted it was about getting together with family and having fun.

When we got there the phone lines were down and no one could use their debit cards...I never carry cash! The woman behind the glass was telling my mom the problem and I'm right behind her fretting over what to do. If I step out of line to go to the cash machine I lose my place and I didn't want to end up at the back of the line again because quite frankly it was HOT and my cleavage was sweating LOL! When mom was done paying for her tickets the woman thanked her for being "kind and patient". Under my breath (or so I thought) I said "well I'M not being kind and patient!" I was really just kidding but this woman heard me! My sis and I started joking about it and all was well, my mom came to my rescue and paid for me and my two kids who were there. I paid her back at the end of the movie

Kudos to Alec who came along...I guess he figured a few hours with a bunch of cackling hens was better than staying at home by himself. He even like the movie! He is clearly on his way to being a desirable husband.

Here are a couple of pictures from the event.......





L to R - Moi, Misti, Missy, Kelyn, Callie, Tessa, Mom, Heidi
Backrow - Shaunna, Alec




The birthday girl





Mom and some of the grandkids





My cute kid, Missy


Now, about the movie, LOVED IT! I would see it again. Can I just tell you that I was SO dying to get up and dance during Dancing Queen! I do have to say though, that I was ready for Merrill to be done singing The Winner Take it All (or whatever that song is) I could feel my OWN vocal cords starting to hurt....she really belted that thing. And....I'll second what my sister said...Pierce Brosnan can sing to me anytime!

For those who haven't seen the movie you will not want to ready this next part, it gives away the end.



My only question (and disappointment) is...how come Sophie and Skye couldn't get married AND see the world?? LAME!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I so want to go see this movie. Sounds like you had fun. It was good to see Missy today.

Heidi Ann said...

I can't wait to see it for the 3rd time! I'm so glad we all were able to go, we definitely need to do it more often!

Tami said...

I saw the movie with some friends. We laughed from the beginning to end. It was a great movie, even better when you go with friends.

Ball Family said...

Hi Kim,
Rachael and I saw this movie too. It was a bit weird for me as I grew up being a closet ABBA fan, and to hear pretty much all of their songs being woven into a plot was. ...well, like I said - weird! But it worked too, and I enjoyed it very much.
Personally I would have Colin Firth sing to me any day! Shame about his "choice" in the end. I'm so impressed with all their singing voices.

Shabwan said...

PIERCE!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!! Who cares what the critics say about his singing...if my guy sang to me it would melt my heart...if PIERCE sang to me...well let's not even go there! I love that movie...I will probably see it 300 more times before it comes out on video. MAy even start a blog with that being my first post...hehehee. Seriously-we had a good time...spontaneous fun. Happy birthday Tessa...we miss already!

huneybezzz3 said...

Oh let me tell you I bought the cd after seeing the movie....Thants how much I loved it. I think my family is about fed up with the i pod in my ears and me singing around the house but oh well!

Bren's Life said...

Try sitting next to Julie S through the movie who belted out & danced in her seat through the whole movie.. It was funny.
I guess I missed out on ABBA & only knew a few songs.
I have to say I liked it, but didn't love it.. But it was fun to go to with friends & I even jiggled around in my seat through some of it, the songs I knew...

Heidi Ann said...

I was looking at our group picture and I'm wondering what Renae is doing with her mouth, did she get caught yelling at somebody?