Saturday, August 9, 2008

15 Years Ago

August 9th was Alec's 15th birthday. Waaa! I didn't know I was having a boy and after 3 little girlies he was a fun surprise. I think Pat called him SHE for the first two weeks of his life. He was such a fun baby, such a chunky monkey, which I loved. But can I say that I'm grateful I only have one boy? One feels like 10 somedays. Boys are just full of energy ALL the time, they are rough and tumble and they stink but what fun!

I remember on the morning of his 6th birthday he came and climbed in bed with me, we both layed there for a minute and then he asked "mom, am I 6 today?" "you sure are buddy" to which he replied "doesn't feel like it" Now I don't know what 6 is supposed to feel like but apparently no different than 5.

What a great all around kid he is. He adds such dimension to our family. I love when he shows his tender side, I love that he has such a unique relationship with each of his sisters, I love that he says "love you" before going to bed, I love that he honors his priesthood. I love almost everything about him........I can't say everything....because face it....he isn't perfect, though there are few things I would change about him or he wouldn't be who he is. I could go on and on but readers would get bored so I'll just share a few random pictures.



If you can't play football.....BE the football!




Maybe this is when his back problem started





He's got a great sense of humor





This is on his 1st birthday...oh my GOSH he is SO cute!




On the beach in San Diego...age 2




Our back fence neighbors dog bit his face! Trauma makes you tired




What is a birthday without a kiss from all your favorite people?












Happy Birthday Buddy! Life would be MUCH to quiet without you! Love you morst

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like he had a great birthday. It's hard to think of your baby being 15. I'm not looking forward to Katelyn turning 15 in November. I'm sure countdown has begun for him for when he can drive, OH JOY!!!!!!

Shabwan said...

Ahhhh...now ain't that sweet!!! Alec...I love that you love to be with your family-especially ME! j/k He was like the cutest baby boy EVER! I have a question about one of those pics...in the pic where his back problems began-who's wearing those lovely, I mean lovely flowered pants??? Alec-thanks for being such an all-around great guy! You get the gold medal for being the WHOLE package!!! Love ya too...happy birthday!

Ball Family said...

Happy Birthday Alec! Love the pics. Wow, he has grown even more since I last saw him. They grow like weeds don't they?

Heidi Ann said...

Happy b-day! He looks exactly the same now as he did as a 2 year old. He certainly makes a cute caboose. Cute post!

Bren's Life said...

Wow time flies when your having fun! I can't believe he's already 15. What a great kid!