Sunday, November 2, 2008

One step forward



Pat came home thursday with this handy machine you see below. It busts up tile. About a year ago I had the bright idea to rip up the carpet in my living room. My logic was that it would never be replaced if it were there so up it came. I figured by Christmas I would have new carpet...it was not to be, we have lived on a cement floor for a year now. You cannot imagine my excitement when Pat came home with this gizmo!





It is the coolest of machines. All you have to do is push on it and it vibrates really fast. with a little muscle applied it lifts the tile right up. Don't get me wrong here, you break a sweat but it's a FUN sweat! I was sweeping up all the thin set cement while Pat and Alec were having all the fun using it, I finally couldn't stand it and asked for a turn.





LADIES! I have found the cure for PMS! (which I don't have...it's an excuse for bad behavior, but I digress) I went to town on our tile and felt EMPOWERED! I felt weeks of stress draining out of my body. Forget the thick layer of dust throughout my house(you can see particles in the pictures) or the fact that the dust I inhaled through my nose hardened back into cement, I would do it all again. When we were done with the hallway I started eyeballing the kitchen and family room and getting all giddy at the thought of demoing those rooms as well then Pat said something and I snapped back to reality.




I believe the best gift a husband could give his wife is one of these bad boys and a room with tile on the floor. Once the tile has been removed and PMSing is over he's got a month to replace it before the next onslaught of mood swings and distructive thoughts reappear.





Notice the 4 bolts there across the top? After so long they start to get loose and you have to tighten them or risk breaking the $150 blade. I thought I could tighten them myself. Um, no one told me they would be RED HOT!



I spent the next hour holding these.......


On this.... I'm sure at some point my fingerprints will return.



Pat has a guy coming over on Monday with carpet samples. It' looks like I'll have carpeting for Christmas afterall :)


Note: I am in no way implying that PMS is not real for some women. That said, bad behavior is a direct result of ones attitude at the moment.

8 comments:

Bren's Life said...

Ok- that sounds a little kinky too... Any woman would love to have one talk!!!
And I can say PMS isn't just an excuse to act crabby. If you could just feel what my insides feel like you'd understand. I truly feel a chemical imbalance of some sort!! I know I am crazy..

The Allen's said...

Ooh, that does look like fun. I am excited for your new carpet. that is the best. Did Nicole have a great time at her dance?

Heidi Ann said...

I really am sorry about the fingers, hold on while I wipe away the tears from laughing! Did Patric find you sexy with a power tool between your hands? Oh, and sorry about the boogers, that's what finger nails are for!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

Love that you are sporting RME scrubs during the process!

The Holyoaks said...

I love how you are always wearing your scrubs. How are you? I miss you guys!

Tami said...

What cool tools. It's exciting to get new flooring. I have a blog that is private, if you sent me your email, I sent you an invite.

Tami said...

It helps if I give you my email address - tamipace@yahoo.com.

The Allen's said...

So do you have new carpet? If so I want to come see it.