Saturday, December 13, 2008

Have I lost my mind?!

Anyone that knows me knows I hate to shop. My wardrobe, my home decor, my cupboards, are all proof of that. I have saved Pat literally thousands of dollars over the last 21 years because of this. Does the man know how lucky he is?

This, being the season of gift giving, requires somewhat of an effort in the area of shopping. I break out in a sweat just thinking about it and I'm sure a hive developed while I was out last night. I've tried to organize the lists the kids gave me so I don't have to keep going back to the same places. Last night one of my tasks was trying to figure out sizes. Medium or large, medium or large...oh my gosh will it shrink....will it be too tight....too loose....is this color okay!?!? My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it again!

And then you have the dudes in the Kiosks who are sure they have the ONLY item you need this Christmas and practically stalk you as you walk by. I try not to make eye contact...keep walking, keep walking...maybe he won't see me......it's like I'm the ONLY person in the mall at the moment I walk by.....Ma'am, do you have a minute.....no, I'm sorry, I don't.....this will just take a second.....minute or second buddy, which is it?.....have you heard of.......I'm sorry, I'm really not interested.....if you'll just take a minute......I wave my list in front of him......I'VE GOT A LIST, DO YOU SEE THIS? DO YOU SEE YOUR ITEM ANYWHERE ON MY LIST? NO? THEN BACK OFF BUSTER, I DON'T STRAY FROM MY LIST! Deep breaths, Kim, take deep breaths, he's only doing his job.......do I care?....At that moment, I do not. At that moment I am also done with my shopping, I don't care that everything is not crossed off my list, I just want to go home plop my fat one on the couch for the rest of the night and hope that visions of sugarplums dance in my head.

My next trek Pat is coming with me...... willfully or at gun point.... I'll let him choose.

Note: I did not really yell at the Kiosk stalker..............but I wanted to!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how i love you mother.

Unknown said...

That should be written as a Christmas Song!!!! I know exactly how you feel and Tab hates to go shopping with me. Every year when I am wrapping the gifts that I bought and I sign both of our names to it I think the only thing he did to get this gift was make the money!!! I did the hard part.

The Thompsons said...

Hahahaha, Aunt Kimmie you are so funny!! This one really made me laugh! Good luck with your list:)

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

LOL! I hope Pat does realize how lucky he is... for more reasons than one! I feel your pain...shopping has never been on my list of favorites however I have come to appreciate the shopping conditions in AZ at least there I didn't have to drive through snow storms, on roads that hadn't been snow plowed yet, and hike through snow to get to the sotres only to find out that they sold out of the last train set I wanted...lol! That being said I do LOVE the Holidays and there is something magical about having a "white" Christmas season!

TJ's Big Adventures said...

My thoughts exactly. I totally get it. I was exactly how I was feeling the other day after the post office and then walmart. Hang in there it is almost over.