Saturday, February 14, 2009

I spy.......


A problem!


Notice...toilet paper bottom left....empty holder upper right.

Now I ask you, can there BE and easier, faster household task than that of changing out an empty tp roll? It's a job that can be done while ON the job for pete sake! People don't have that kind of time? In the time it takes to whittle you can change the roll and if it's a.....AHEM....dirty job....you even have time left over to admire your handiwork.



I would like to say this is a one time occurrence but I would be lying. It happens often enough that I find it blog worthy. I have even gone so far as to call perpetrator 1 and 2 into the bathroom and given them a hands on tutorial, which was met mostly by stares that said "Seriously? Are you KIDDING me?" Apparently the act of just BRINGING a new roll into the bathroom is praiseworthy, putting it in it's proper place is beyond the realm of teenage thinking.


Have you ever been somewhere and noticed too late that there is no toilet paper? Panic sets in. You frantically look around the room for ANYTHING absorbent, you even take a quick glance in the wastebasket and wonder what those wads of tissue have been used for. Your eyes fall on the empty cardboard roll and wonder what IT'S absorbency level is. And then you get creative - if I peel it into layers.........

8 comments:

Jim said...

Could be worse... they could be your employees! :) Jim

Brittanie said...

I'm sitting here just giggling away! Love you!

Kim said...

What ever do you mean Dr H? The stares that speak a thousand words?? :)

TJ's Big Adventures said...

kim you are seriously one of the funnest people I know. For a while i thought that it was you and I but I am not worthy.

The Johnson Fam said...

OKAY already!! You are a true DORK!! I can totally relate to every bit-Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!! But I don't know that I would have thought to write a post to the world about it. You're awsome--You made my day!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim that is so funny. If you are a mom, you can relate. I love my kids. :)

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

LOL! Dr.H. has a point! I miss you guys...thanks for the laugh!

The Allen's said...

I am the only only one that changes the roll at this house and it is probably good. even if somebody puts it on doesn't mean they will do it going the right way which is worse because you have to take it off then put it back on correctly. I will even admit i have changed the roll to go the right way at other peoples houses. Yikes. you give me good laughs that is for sure.