So for about the last 2 months or so I've been walking the track at Mesa High and running the bleachers. As I steadily approach 50 the elasticity in my body has sprung and gravity is taking over, I had to do something. Running was never an option because I hate it but running up and down the bleachers doesn't feel like it beats me up so much and it keeps my heart rate up.
Well, running bleachers comes with risks. I have been fearful that I would mistep and fall down them and break a few things in the process. Apparently I was worrying about the wrong direction I would fall. I mis-stepped alright but on my way up! I would much rather fall up than down, I mean seriously how far UP can you fall? However, not only was my pride wounded as there are many people who run/walk the track but I skinned up my left shin pretty good and had to get 8 stitches in my right ankle which Dr Frost did for me the next morning when I got to work. I hope I don't start growing teeth out of my ankle since he's a dentist and not an MD.
A week later Christy who I work with and who is also my cousin gets stitches in HER ankle... compliments of Dr Hamberlin...she was doing dishes the night before and dropped a knife. I don't remember if it attacked her on the way down or if it hit the floor and bounced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ok! I am LAUGHING so hard I almost peed my pants! You are too funny! If it makes you feel any better I sprained my ankle trying to walk and read at the same time. :)
Oh, My!!!! That takes me back a few years, Was there a day go by that you or Rhonda didn't fall up or down the stairs? Glad it wasn't more serious, there has been a few added years, Ha Ha. Thanks to your handy Dr. to do the needed repairs. Love mom
You deserved it! I TOLD YOU stairs were dangerous! You think you're smarter than me even though I am older! Stairs in any direction are dangerous! Period! Glad you had your doc to take care of you...foreign doctors on cruise ships are mostly interested in their assistants and not the old lady that fell DOWN the stairs!
Post a Comment