
If you don't read this to the end you'll miss why it's funny....
OK, so...Tonight Pat, Alec and I were over at Big 5 and decided that we would go eat dinner at Mi Amigos. We walk in...get settled in our booth and proceed to eat our chips and salsa while deciding on what to eat. I wasn't paying much attention to anything and this person walks over and sits by Alec.......it's my brother, Brandon, who is also there with his wife, Misti, and their friends....who knew? We chit chat for a minute, wave to Misti across the way, and then he leaves to join his own party.
Dinner itself is uneventful, we'd glance over at them and wave or give a nod of the head and continue eating and conversing amongst ourselves. We were done with our meal and I could see that they were also. And then the idea was thrown out there, I don't know whose idea it was......
A little history before I move on....stay with me here......Brandon DOES NOT like to have a big deal made out of his birthday. He doesn't like parties or to be the center of attention. If they go to dinner for his birthday he threatens Misti's life and limb if she dares mention it's his big day. He doesn't like the whole place coming and singing to him.
I was 10 when Brandon was born. He was MY baby! He slept with me until he was 5. We have a great relationship, my family and his do many things together. So being the fabulous big sister that I am, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to embarrass him.
I call our waitress over and let her know "that guy over there in the stripped shirt is my brother and it's his birthday"...."no problem" she says.......I don't have to live with him and I'm not afraid of him. The waiters and waitresses have to go sing at another table first and as they are heading over there Brandon and I make eye contact and he gives me a nod......he KNOWS that I know how much he hates that sort of thing, and he's probably thinking.....the poor sap.
The waiters and waitresses all regroup and head over to his table all clapping their hands hoopin and hollering........Pat, Alec and I already have the giggles.......the waitress asks his name and then proceeds to tell the whole place it's his birthday, put a rather ornate sombrero on his head and sing happy birthday to him. When they are done I yell across the room 'Happy Birthday Bro!"
We walked over to his table to laugh some more. His face was redder than the red sauce on his burrito! Haha! He's laughing and so is the rest of his table, he tells me he's "so ticked right now" but he's laughing. after a minute or two we say our good bye's and head out the door.
Um.... his birthday is in January! I crack myself up!
OK, so...Tonight Pat, Alec and I were over at Big 5 and decided that we would go eat dinner at Mi Amigos. We walk in...get settled in our booth and proceed to eat our chips and salsa while deciding on what to eat. I wasn't paying much attention to anything and this person walks over and sits by Alec.......it's my brother, Brandon, who is also there with his wife, Misti, and their friends....who knew? We chit chat for a minute, wave to Misti across the way, and then he leaves to join his own party.
Dinner itself is uneventful, we'd glance over at them and wave or give a nod of the head and continue eating and conversing amongst ourselves. We were done with our meal and I could see that they were also. And then the idea was thrown out there, I don't know whose idea it was......
A little history before I move on....stay with me here......Brandon DOES NOT like to have a big deal made out of his birthday. He doesn't like parties or to be the center of attention. If they go to dinner for his birthday he threatens Misti's life and limb if she dares mention it's his big day. He doesn't like the whole place coming and singing to him.
I was 10 when Brandon was born. He was MY baby! He slept with me until he was 5. We have a great relationship, my family and his do many things together. So being the fabulous big sister that I am, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to embarrass him.
I call our waitress over and let her know "that guy over there in the stripped shirt is my brother and it's his birthday"...."no problem" she says.......I don't have to live with him and I'm not afraid of him. The waiters and waitresses have to go sing at another table first and as they are heading over there Brandon and I make eye contact and he gives me a nod......he KNOWS that I know how much he hates that sort of thing, and he's probably thinking.....the poor sap.
The waiters and waitresses all regroup and head over to his table all clapping their hands hoopin and hollering........Pat, Alec and I already have the giggles.......the waitress asks his name and then proceeds to tell the whole place it's his birthday, put a rather ornate sombrero on his head and sing happy birthday to him. When they are done I yell across the room 'Happy Birthday Bro!"
We walked over to his table to laugh some more. His face was redder than the red sauce on his burrito! Haha! He's laughing and so is the rest of his table, he tells me he's "so ticked right now" but he's laughing. after a minute or two we say our good bye's and head out the door.
Um.... his birthday is in January! I crack myself up!

7 comments:
Okay...I first read this last night after I had fallen asleep on the couch watching Raiders of the Lost Ark. I come in here to go to bed...see i have an email and check it out..It tells me "go read my blog"...I do as I'm told! I start reading this amazingly funny story (I AM afraid of Brandon!!!) and yell for Doug to come in here so I can read it to him. I am not sleepy any more...Just laughing...that last line is SOOOO funny. The only scary thing about this whole event is the revenge!!!! Watch your back Sis!
That is funny!!! Sounds like you have a fun family..
I can hear him angrily saying that with his smile that he smiles when he's embarassed. My only question: what here his hands doing? Was he holding them like he does? You're awesome, I love it!
Love it, so hilarious!
I love that Uncle B!! So funny! You got him good! I just wish I could have seen it firsthand!!
Very funny. Kim I'm glad you stopped by my blog. It has been way to long since we talked. I hope you are doing well. I miss you. Come visit my blog anytime.
Jeannie
Well that's just plain mean and downright hilarious!!! I think I feel Brandon's pain, but what an excellent big sister thing to do. You are the devil! It was really good to hang out with you and the rest of the clan last night. I wish I could do that more often. I hope things are going good and that I get to see you again sooner rather than later!
Post a Comment