Friday, November 6, 2009

A Few Years Ago....

These two people got married

November 9, 1956

After 6 kids, 34 grandkids, 9 great grandkids and 53 years under their belt they are still going strong...albeit a bit slower.


My dad once asked me if I knew how they'd lasted so long.....why no, no I don't...well, said he, I don't try to run her life and I don't try to run mine. Haha! Mom says she keeps him around because he still makes her laugh. Whatever their secret, it has worked well.


I think they are still a cute couple.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad
Love you!

2 comments:

Shabwan said...

Ahhhh...check them out! Long time...53 years! Good job Ma and Pa. Ups and downs. Tears and Joys. Young and Old. Thin and not so thin! Childless and then lots of kids and grandkids. And much more to come....YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim!!! Wow!!! It is all those children and Grandbabies that bring the rewards. and YES, we still Love each other.and YES it isn"t always easy, but, YES, in the end it is worth it. Love and HUGS to all of YOU!!!