Bright and early on June 2nd we put Missy on an airplane headed for the MTC. She was SO ready. On the way to her gate she said I just want to bypass the good-byes and get on the plane. She had been saying good-bye to family and friends for the past week and she just wanted to move on. I made sure that OUR good-byes weren't long and drawn out so she could get on her way.
There were very few tears. I wasn't sad to see her go, it's what she's been preparing for for a long time. I wasn't worried that she was going to the Philippines half way around the world...she's in good hands. I know as long as she is obedient, whatever challenges come her way will not be by accident. I am so proud of her I can hardly stand it. Any tears that were shed were for that reason...pride spilling over.
This was the night before after she was set apart. It was supposed to be of just my girls but my sister was standing in just the right spot of two mirrors. She's kind of creepy.
Especially this one
In her first email home she said she is loving the MTC. She is in a companionship with 2 other sisters, one she gets along with very well the other has presented a challenge, but she is up for it. There are 14 in her district and she was made district leader because her last name came first in the alphabet.

5 comments:
"like" oh wait thats facebook.
Gosh Kim! Those pictures almost make me tear up!
Aah proud mama! Welcome to the club Missionary Mom! Missy will be an awesome missionary. Don't forget to check the missionary Moms email group.
The first picture, looks like she has already completed a successful18 months. what a confident smile, you know she is just fine. and Yes, i need that family picture. Love you all Gran
Oh Mell-i-see-uh!!!! You didn't cry that day...I spent the whole day crying! Good thing Mr. Krieg was outta town...I would have gotten on his nerves sooner than I normally do! I LOVED being there for her setting apart and so just love this girlie! So proud that she made it to the ranks of District Leader so swiftly! That's our girl! hehe
Post a Comment